We Are Clean Skincare; We Define Our Clean
3 MINUTE READ
The term clean skincare, to us, means 1 thing: healthy skin. We don’t debate synthetics vs. natural, we don’t debate organic vs. lab created. We’re only concerned with skin health.
The reason we stick to skin health is because
- Not everything natural is healthy:
- Think… high fructose corn syrup
- Cinnamon oil, yikes!
- Or even… formaldehyde, which is a naturally occurring compound
Not everything synthetic is unhealthy:
- Your favorite hyaluronic acid can be synthesized in a lab, even though it is a naturally occurring chemical
- Botanical allergies lead some skin types to benefit from synthetic formulas, like xanthan gum (natural but likely synthesized in a lab)
4 Skin Type Quizzes
5 Tips on Cosmetic Regulations
We’d like to think it’s that easy, and the truth is: It’s not.
Instead of debating, we turn to research, development and engineering. Every formula answers these questions:
- Does this formula increase skin integrity?
- Does this formula use the minimum required ingredients to achieve the goals?
- Are we personally satisfied with naming this formula clean?
What research goals are important to us?
- A strong acid mantle and lipid layer
- Keeping your own natural moisturizing factors (NMF)
- Reducing trans epidermal water loss (TEWL)
- Less irritation and inflammation
A compromised lipid layer has been shown to be the culprit for issues such as dry, dehydrated skin to even acne. Some of us have had this since we were born, and some might have seen this flare up later in life. A compromised lipid layer can come from many things, we’re here to help you improve your lipid layer, keep your NMF, reduce TEWL and ultimately calm your skin.
follow us on ig and pinterest @cosmresearch
Our multi-point approach
We target those 4 goals by developing formulas based on
- available research
- testing + certifications
- our own experience
Research is a lengthy process that we enjoy. Research can be in the form of peer-reviewed research papers, surveys from real customers, and even completing coursework on scientific principles.
Testing is carried out by us on our own skin and/or sent to a lab to analyze. We also spend a great deal of time making sure we earn the certifications that prove to you we are what we do.
It can take months to bring a formula to market from the first idea and we wouldn't rush it. To be able to truly engineer formulas that can change a person's life, should be created with care and conviction.