2 MINUTE READ
I’ve decided to take stock on some important figures for us with reactive skin.
What are the most common skin conditions after acne?
- One in 10 people will develop atopic dermatitis during their lifetime.
- It affects up to 25% of children and 2 to 3% of adults.
- In 2013, the total medical cost of treating atopic dermatitis was $314 million, for an average of $101.42 per treated patient. [Source]
- Rosacea is a common skin disease that affects 16 million Americans and I am one of them.
- In 2013, the total medical cost of treating rosacea was $165 million, for an average of $102.26 per treated patient. [Source]
- 14% of the U.S. of the population are affected with toenail dermatophytes, Europe[23%] and Asia[20%]
- 50% of nail disease is characterised as fungal infection, remedies could take one year or more to maintain. [Source]
- In a 2001 U.K. study, 51.4% women self identify with sensitive skin and 38.2% of men self identify with sensitive skin.
- Conclusion: The study indicates that sensitive facial skin is a common problem for women and men in the U.K. and points to the need for the development of personal products designed for this skin phenotype.
Since I have your reactive skin, I know all too well how common flare ups can be. Even if we're diligent, a flare up can be caused by uncontrollables such as:
- Environmental + hormonal stressors
- What we’ve consumed + applied to our skin
- Even our level of stress + immunity
This is why Joe and I research + develop boosters, designed to rescue + repair during your flare ups.
- Our Wild Vine Nail blend is a 3 oil formulation used to promote healthy nails and cuticles. Designed to be used long term to maintain nail health. I have personally been using it for the past 5 years.
- Today, 30% of women are using facial masks, myself included. I use clay masks to rescue my skin from buildup and flares from contact irritation. My skin is fickle so we designed a dry mask to be mixed with whatever base works best for you. I use it as a cleanser when mixed with our Complexion Baume base, and as a full dry mask when mixed with water. I have been using this formulation for 2 years.