3 MINUTE READ
Into the hands, and onto the cuticles, of 1800+ happy nail enthusiasts!
Wild Vine, our cuticle and nail oil, was created for the driest parts of our bodies: the nails and feet. Containing three simple ingredients made to condition your skin and nails, rescue cuticles, and help fight dermophytes. This oil travels with me wherever I go!
As careful as we are, painful nails and irritated cuticles are sometimes difficult to avoid, but we don’t have to prolong the suffering.
Why Do We Continue to Suffer from Painful Nails?
Days go by and we continue to ignore the inconsistent pain around our nail beds.
The pain ebbs and flows. It grows ever so slightly with every pounding of our foot or every grip with our hand. After a few days, the nails are still in pain, the nail bed is inflamed, and the skin around the nail is warm and irritated. Trimming them and attempting to keep them tight was unsuccessful. The short nails are just as, if not more, painful.
These are symptoms that we’re all too familiar with, as we are distance runners, obstacle race enthusiasts, and hikers. Our feet are constantly carrying us, walking us around, thrust in and out of sneakers, and our nails and cuticles are not forgiving for it.
How can we remedy this?
After suffering long enough, and unable to find a remedy that worked for us, we decided to create one. A remedy which is:
A remedy with minimal ingredients that were also beneficial for sensitive + reactive skin. One that had the properties we needed:
- Soothing irritation
- Reducing redness
Ingredients that Matter!
Researching and experimenting with many ingredients, we decided on three ingredients:
- Tea Tree Oil: The antibacterial and anti-fungal properties are what attracted us to this oil. We’ve noticed also that it can aid in reducing oil buildup, and soothe red, inflamed skin.
- Source: Steam distilled from the leaves and twigs of the Australian Melaleuca Alternifolia.
- Grapeseed Oil: This oil dries almost instantly, which helps not leave the nails and fingers oily! It’s also great that it’s non-comedogenic, meaning it doesn’t clog up those pores. The strong antioxidants this oil contains helps fight free radicals, assisting in repairing sun damage. It’s also rich in nutrients like vitamins A, B, and E.
- Source: Expeller pressed Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil.
- Sweet Almond Oil: An oil that can assist in reducing discoloration, redness, and inflammation. The zinc content can help strengthen nails, and being full of fatty acids, this oil has a lightweight and moisturizing consistency.
- Source: Expeller pressed Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil.
Each oil is unique in their own way, but when combined create our COSM Research rescuing nail blend, Wild Vine Nail Oil. This oil blend helps fight bacteria while it nourishes delicate nails. After application, the oil dries instantly without an oily, or sticky residue.
In addition to the ingredients, we wanted to make sure the packaging was minimal and sustainable. It also had to be carry-on friendly, as we are avid travelers who love to skip the baggage check. The glass bottle fits perfectly in our travel kit, and it also has a home in day bags, gym bags, and even hiking packs.